Parriwi Head Lighthouse (also known as Rosherville Light) was built in 1911 is the rear leading light with the Grotto Point Light. The light is shone through a horizontal slit just below the dome.
The NSW Rail Museum ran a special heritage train trip to the Blue Mountains and onto Lithgow to celebrate 150 years of the railway line to Bowenfels. The Beyer-Garratt 6029 was used which was & is the Southern Hemisphere’s largest operating steam engine.
The lighthouse was built in 1871. It is situated in the Belmore Basin on the southern breakwater. Wollongong is the only point on the eastern coast of Australia which has two lighthouses.
The old Wollongong Harbour Lighthouse is located on the end of the breakwater and assisted the passage of vessels into Wollongong Harbour.