Skip to content
- Cob Loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 250g block cream cheese
- 2/3 cup cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Vegeta Chicken stock powder
- Preheat oven to 180 fan-forced.
- Cut the top of cob loaf. Scoop bread from the centre of the loaf. Tear bread pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned and onion has softened.
- Add chives to bacon mixture. Stir in creamed cheese. Mix until combined. Add cream, sour cream and grated cheeses. Season with salt, pepper and Vegeta Chicken stock powder.
- Spoon mixture into the loaf. Arrange bread pieces around the loaf. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve warm & enjoy!