A variety of lighthouses visited in Australia and overseas.
Built in 1891, the Smoky Cape Lighthouse was one of the last lighthouses to be designed for architectural excellence. It has an intensity of 1,000,000 cd.
Built in 1879 of cement-rendered bricks and because of the elevation only needed to be 8 metres high. It has an intensity of 12,800 cd.
The light was established in 1887, 10 years after the creation of the Robertson Basin, a manmade harbour to service Kiama.
Built in 1936, by the Department of Shipping and Transport, it was the first new lighthouse in New South Wales since 1903. The tower is constructed of reinforced concrete and replaced several earlier lights.
The lighthouse was built in 1871. It is situated in the Belmore Basin on the southern breakwater. Wollongong is the only point on the eastern coast of Australia which has two lighthouses.
The old Wollongong Harbour Lighthouse is located on the end of the breakwater and assisted the passage of vessels into Wollongong Harbour.
Built in 1901, Cape Byron Light is Australia's most powerful lighthouse, with a light intensity of 2,200,000 cd.
Built in 1879 and first lit in 1880. It is also known as Ballina Head Light and has an intensity of 28,000 cd.
Built in 1872 of stone and painted white, the tower had a fixed white light of 1,000 candelas.
Built in 1955, the apparatus from the old lighthouse was transferred. It is also known as Yamba Light and has a light intensity of 22,000 cd.
Built in 1878 of stone and painted white, it was the last of the lighthouses designed by James Barnet. It originally had light less than 1,000 candelas.
Built in 1806, to replace the old "chalk tower", the present lighthouse was designed by Samuel Wyatt and cost £8,000 to build.
This lighthouse is unique, as it is attached to the cottage in 1878, it consisted of four kerosene lamps.
The first lighthouse, built by Sir John Clayton, was completed in 1674 and is one of the oldest surviving complete lighthouses in England. Built from chalk, it was never lit.
Built in 1875 of brick, rendered and painted white. It was originally intended to be built on Seal Rocks, but this did not eventuate due to the difficult location.